Are you looking for the Best Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash of 2022?
Benzoyl peroxide is the miracle ingredient for clearing acne and works quickly to heal stubborn breakouts — but let’s be honest, there are better ways to get that last little bit of visible skin improvement. Check out my comprehensive analysis of the top benzoyl peroxide face washes available.
How does benzoyl peroxide work to clear acne?
There are a number of post-acne treatments that work to treat acne, but none of them works like benzoyl peroxide, the most effective ingredient for acne treatment.
There is a reason why dermatologists recommend using benzoyl peroxide to treat acne. It works quickly, kills bacteria, and helps skin heal.
Benzoyl peroxide is one of the safest ingredients you can use on your face. It works best when applied to the areas where breakouts occur, like pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. Benzoyl peroxide kills bacteria and prevents their proliferation.
Benzoyl peroxide is excellent at what it does — it speeds up the healing process by acting quickly to remove dead skin cells and speed up the production of new skin cells.
You’ll notice that many acne treatments don’t do much more than simply cleanse your face, but benzoyl peroxide does something else: it keeps skin healthy and hydrated so it can heal quicker.
It means that if you use a benzoyl peroxide wash, your face will look fresher and cleaner than if you used a regular acne cleanser!
9 Best Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash 2022 for Treating Acne
|Product Name||Check Price|
|1. Harris Benzoyl Peroxide Wash||Price|
|2. PanOxyl Antimicrobial Acne Creamy Wash||Price|
|3. Differin Acne Face Wash||Price|
|4. PCA SKIN Benzoyl Peroxide 5% Facial Cleanser||Price|
|5. Acne Free Oil-Free Acne Cleanser||Price|
|6. Dr Song Benzoyl Peroxide Wash 4%||Price|
|7. Clean & Clear Continuous Control Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Face Wash||Price|
|8. Neutrogena Stubborn Acne AM Face Treatment||Price|
|9. Replenix Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Wash||Price|
9 Best Benzoyl Peroxide Face Wash 2022
1. Harris Benzoyl Peroxide Wash
Benzoyl peroxide topical wash 5% from Harris Pharmaceuticals is used to treat mild to moderate acne. This medication can be used in along with other acne treatments.
When benzoyl peroxide is applied to the skin, it minimizes acne-causing bacteria while flaking and stripping the skin. It is the best face wash for mild acne.
Price: $16.80 for 5 Oz
- Prevent mild to moderate acne
- It helps to brighten the skin
- Gentle on the skin
- Lightens acne and blemishes
- May cause breakouts in sensitive skin types
2. PanOxyl Antimicrobial Acne Creamy Wash
PanOxyl Acne Creamy Wash is the best benzoyl peroxide face wash dermatologists recommend. Gentle enough to use on a daily basis, with 4% benzoyl peroxide to fight even the most severe acne.
This creamy cleanser clears existing breakouts by cleaning and unclogging pores. Taking as part of a regular acne treatment regimen can also help to prevent new spots from appearing.
This gentle benzoyl peroxide face wash is blended with emollients for a more soothing and moisturizing daily cleaning. It quickly clears existing acne and helps stop the formation of new dark patches.
Price: $10.25 for 6 OZ
- Used for daily acne control
- It helps prevent new breakouts
- Free of fragrances, parabens, & phthalates
- Clears existing acne
- Gentle formula
- Good for daily use
- Also, good for back acne
3. Differin Acne Face Wash
Differin Acne Face Wash includes 5% Benzoyl Peroxide, penetrating deep into pores and removing excess oil while simultaneously producing a light moisturizer that won’t clog them.
It’s ideal for people looking for a deep, effective wash that won’t dry out their skin. It may be used to treat effectively, and it’s perfect for giving your skin a deep daily without removing it from its natural oils. It is the best Benzoyl Peroxide face wash for acne-prone sensitive skin.
Price: $12.89 for 4 FL Oz
- Not overly drying
- Cleans skin
- Gentle Formula
- Suitable For Sensitive Skin
- Developed with dermatologists
- Can cause irritation
- Must be followed by moisturizer
4. PCA SKIN Benzoyl Peroxide 5% Facial Cleanser
PCA Skin BPO 5% Cleanser contains Aloe, nettle, cucumber, and chamomile extracts to soothe and reduce irritation, leaving the skin clean, smooth and rejuvenated.
Its clearing formula has a 5% benzoyl peroxide concentration to cure and treat pimples. It also kills acne-causing bacteria without the use of harsh chemicals, which can harm and irritate the skin.
It contains plant extracts to help relieve acne-prone skin. Benzoyl peroxide and phytic acid also exfoliate your pores, resulting in a glowing face. It also works wonders for uneven skin tone.
Price: $40 FL OZ
- No fragrance and synthetic dyes
- Evens out skin tone
- Exfoliate the pores
- Deeply cleanses the pollutants
- Calms and soothes acne
- Some skin types may find it excessively drying
5. Acne Free Oil-Free Acne Cleanser
Acne Free Oil-Free Acne Cleanser contains 2.5 percent micronized benzoyl peroxide, which enters into pores fast and deeply to help lessen blemishes and stop new ones from appearing.
This medicated cleanser fights pimples, severe acne, blackheads, and whiteheads while also preventing them.
Advanced Micro-Benzoyl Peroxide is a dermatologist-recommended product that penetrates deeper into the pores.
It can be used on the face as well as the body. This fragrance-free acne wash also contains ceramides, which replenish the face and help it maintain hydration.
This oil-free cleanser is gentle on the face and does not over-dry it. It is recommended for acne-prone teenagers and adults.
Price: $7.99 for 8 FL OZ
- Treats acne
- Gentle on skin
- Deeply cleanses the pores
- Gentle exfoliating micro beads
- Little drying for dry skin people
6. Dr Song Benzoyl Peroxide Wash 4%
The Benzoyl Peroxide content in the Dr Song Acne Wash is 4%. This face and body wash is one of the best acne treatment products.
It is a potent therapy for face acne, butt acne, cystic acne, body acne, mature acne, and teen acne that helps get rid of stubborn acne. It is the best benzoyl peroxide face wash for cystic acne.
Its minimally formulated product includes deep-penetrating micro-benzoyl peroxide for effective cleansing and healing that penetrates deep into your skin’s layers. Its non-irritating formulation is effective at clearing even acne-prone skin.
Price: $20.98 for 8 OZ
- No animal testing
- Treats stubborn acne
- Gentle formula
- Suitable for adults and teens
- Non-irritating formula
- It might be a little drying
7. Clean & Clear Continuous Control Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Face Wash
Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Face Wash contains 10% benzoyl peroxide and is designed for acne-prone skin. It’s a multipurpose acne face cleanser that removes debris and oil while also healing and reducing breakouts.
Clean & clear acne wash is the Best for those with moderate acne. This daily face wash is suitable for normal, oily, and combination skin types and helps in the appearance of clearer skin.
Acne cleanser has a pore-penetrating ingredient that addresses pimples at their root. Mineral oil and menthol are used in this face cleanser to moisturize and soothe the skin.
Price: $8.27 for 5 OZ
- Removes dirt and oil
- Reduces acne
- It gives a cooling sensation
- Cleans skin well
- Removes excess oil and sebum
- Effective acne face cleanser
- Contains alcohol
8. Neutrogena Stubborn Acne AM Face Treatment
Neutrogena Stubborn Acne Treatment contains 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide, which works throughout the day to combat severe acne breakouts and redness.
It’s a potent acne treatment that removes acne and post-acne scars. In fact, it is the best benzoyl peroxide gel for acne.
It helps combat acne-causing germs by going deeply into pores. This acne skin care treatment is recommended by dermatologists as part of a precise skin regimen.
Price: $9.99 for 2 OZ
- Free of parabens, phthalates, and dyes
- Gel-cream consistency
- Provides a soft matte finish
- Improves even tone
- Reduces post-acne skin marks
9. Replenix Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Wash
REPLENIX BP 5% Acne Wash is a Benzoyl Peroxide-based face wash that unclogs pores, removes acne-causing germs, and helps eliminate future breakouts.
This soap-free face cleanser has been precisely created to help acne-prone skin retain its natural pH balance while also profoundly calming it.
This formula’s benzoyl peroxide has been specially developed to be highly powerful and solvent-free. The ingredient is also carefully ground to avoid leaving a gritty residue.
This acne skin cleanser is also soap-free, so it won’t aggravate your skin or leave it feeling rough and dry. This cleanser provides a clean, fresh, and clear complexion.
Price: $26 for 6.7 FL OZ
- No fragrance and gluten
- Fights acne-causing bacteria
- Helps prevent breakouts
- Cleanses the pores deeply
- Get rid of impurities
- None as much
The benefits of using a benzoyl peroxide face wash
In terms of the “why” of benzoyl peroxide, it has been found that it is a unique ingredient that targets and fights acne and other skin problems in a particular way.
Removing bacteria from your pores is a worthy and important goal; this isn’t the only reason to use a benzoyl peroxide wash. There are many interesting benefits, including:
- Reduction of sebum production – The most common reason for acne-related breakouts is sebum production, which can be reduced by up to 50%. Benzoyl peroxide may even slow down sebum production and stop it in its tracks. It could be a huge deal if you have oily skin or if your skin is prone to acne breakouts.
- Kill bacteria – Benzoyl peroxide kills bacteria that cause acne and helps prevent infection. You may not know this, but bacteria are a significant source of infection! Benzoyl peroxide may also help treat some types of bacteria that cause secondary bacterial infections by pre-emptively killing them before they can form colonies on your skin (this is usually enough to keep those infections at bay). It helps to delay the appearance of pimples and blemishes on your face.
- Whiten – One of the most significant benefits of benzoyl peroxide is its ability to help heal discolorations, reddening, and hyperpigmentation, which gives your skin an overall whiter look. It won’t altogether remove discolorations or hyperpigmentation; however, it does allow for their reduction with regular use over time.
- Reduce blemishes – A common complaint about benzoyl peroxide is getting severe breakouts if you have any scars or pimples on your face! Benzoyl peroxide can help eliminate blemishes from existing breakouts while reducing their severity and preventing new breakouts from forming in the first place. Remember that this will also reduce how long it takes for spots/pimples or blemishes to go away after treatments with benzoyl peroxide – it takes more than just one application.
The drawbacks of using a benzoyl peroxide wash
The problem with benzoyl peroxide is that it has a steep price tag. Depending on the product type, you may be paying anywhere from $10 to $60 for a bottle. It’s not cheap, especially when most benefits are usually only temporary.
Frequently asked questions
Does Benzoyl peroxide dry out the skin?
Benzoyl peroxide doesn’t dry out your skin (it strips away excess oils), making for brighter-looking skin, so imagine how smooth and clear it will feel even without any lotion or moisturizer.
Can I use benzoyl peroxide every day?
According to experts, benzoyl peroxide products should be used once or twice a day. Use the product once a day if you have sensitive skin or feel extreme skin irritation or flaking.
What percentage of benzoyl peroxide is best for acne?
Benzoyl peroxide is found in concentrations beginning at 2.5% and increasing through the usually effective 5% to up to 10%. Stronger concentrations of benzoyl peroxide, such as 10%, are frequently considered overly harsh and can cause dry, flaky skin and possibly additional outbreaks. I recommend starting with a concentration of 2.5 to 5%.